You just aren’t that old. But you feel it. Achy, hunched and cranky. Welcome to life in the cubicle farm. Your spine takes a beating just by you sitting around all day. Don’t sit there and accept the discomfort – stretch past it. Here’s a new move to add to your office repertoire.
- Get up and take a brisk walk of any length.
- Sit down in your office chair and put both feet flat on the floor in front of you, knees and hips at right angles.
- Bring your hands to your knees.
- As you inhale, spread your chest and arch your back as you look upwards. Hold for five seconds.
- Now, as you exhale, round your spine and drop your head forward between your shoulders. Hold for five seconds.
- Repeat three times, at 10:30, noon and 2:30. It’s a nice little lift-me-up.