To reduce the strain, try this simple shoulder exercise. You can do this exercise in your office.
- Stand up, extend your arms out at out at your sides, about shoulder height, palms up.
- With control bend your arms towards your body, pulling your shoulder blades together. Your elbows should drop to your side.
- Hold for five seconds, repeat five times.
- You should feel a stretch across your chest and the front of your shoulders.
- Ease the stretch if you feel a sharp pain, you should only feel a light tension.
- Modified version: Start with your hands lower than shoulder height. Increase your range of motion over time by raising your hand starting position over the course of several weeks.